Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Best Marriage Advice I Ever Recieved

I have had a few friends with wedding anniversaries recently and started thinking about marriage.  I thought about my marriage and how I always come back to some of the best advice that I ever received.

That advice was to remember that marriages are not 50%/50%.  I know, I know, that goes against what we are told, but hear me out.  This advice came from my parents who told me that when you get married, you have to be willing to give 100%.  Sometimes your spouse just can't give their 50%. Whether they are sick or just having a bad day, they may only be able to give 10%, so you may have to give 90%. On the worst days, you may have to give all 100%. 
It can be hard, but try to wake up each day and look at each other and remember he/she is worth giving 100% to. They are worth giving 100% to regardless of how much they are able to give back that day. God gave you this wonderful person to love, cherish that.  If you and your spouse both understand this, than your marriage will always get the 100% that istdeserves.
I will be the first to admit that I do not always follow this concept. There are days where I allow myself to get frustrated because I have had to give more than 50% for several days. There are also days where neither my husband, nor I can give our 50%. When that happens, I can feel the strain, but eventually one of us will pick up the slack and get us back on track.  I am far from a perfect wife, but I use this advice in my path to trying to be a better one. I hope it helps you, too.
I would love to create a post of various great marriage advice. What is yours?
 

1 comment:


  1. That way you can each clear your heads and see if you really want to stay together or if you're better off going your separate ways. Marriage Separation Platform

    ReplyDelete