Monday, June 22, 2015

Blogs that I Like



As a blogger, you may have guessed that I also like to read blogs.  Considering I am a mom who works outside the home that likes to bake and do the occasional craft but needs help with organization skills and loves a good quote, you can probably guess what type of blogs like. (So how's that for a run-on sentence?)

Anyway, if you think you might like what I like, here are some blogs you might like. Please leave links to your favorite blogs in the comments.
(I am really tired, I hope this is making some sense.)


Mom Blogs
http://jenhatmaker.com/blog.htm
Jen is a mom who used to be a teacher. She writes about her family and her life. She is funny and genuine.  She self proclaims to love her home, her friends and family, writing, people and Jesus. Check her out.

http://www.christianworkingmama.blogspot.com/
Liz is a mom who has a very strong faith. Her writing is supportive and inspiring for all women and moms, but especially for those who have another job in addition to the hardest job there is, being a mom.  Let her lift you up.

http://lisajobaker.com/
I learned about Lisa Jo when I read Surprised by Motherhood.  She was born and raised in south Africa but now lives in the US. She is honest and real. If you want relatable, you'll find it here.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/
If you do not know who Ree Drummond is, you should check her out.  If you do, you probably want to smack me for picking such an obvious choice.  But, I like her. To be honest, I like her blog more than her show. I find the she translates better in writing and I like alot of her recipes.

http://www.divinesecretsofadomesticdiva.com/
This one? She's funny and relatable. She's relatabley funny. Hi, Susan.

Food Blogs
Chocolate Covered Katie
Katie writes a healthy desserts blog. If you are a dessert traditionalist, you may find some of her ideas wacky, but I have been impressed with a few and I just adjust to my taste if I want them a little sweeter. I mean, hey, even if I add a little brown sugar it is still much healthier than the typical original recipe.  The Healthy Cookie Dough Dip is what got me hooked to her blog.

The Minimalist Baker
This Bloggers goal is to make all of her recipes with 10 ingredients or less. She has many healthy recipes with some treats and substitutions.

Six Sisters Stuff
As you might expect, this is a blog created by 6 sisters. It has some great recipes. As per thier page, "Our recipes are family favorites that use ingredients that can commonly be found in your pantry and our crafts and home decor projects can be made with little or no money. We don’t claim to be amazing chefs- we just know the importance of feeding your family a home-cooked meal and sitting down to eat it together."


Home Blogs
I Heart Organizing
Ok, so once I got past my jealousy of Jen's ability to organize and was able to see through clear eyes, I really appreciated her tips. Plus, as she shows you, even her mom-car gets dirty.

The Frazzled Homemaker
The word Homemaker sounds like an old-fashioned word in some ways. However, these tips are not old fashioned. The tagline on thsi blog is, "Easy Homemaking for the busy woman, " and it is right on target.

The House that Lars Built
The is a pretty artsy blog with projects, party ideas, printables, food and life info.  If you like home ideas, you might want to give this one a look.

Org Junkie
This Blog caught me because she bites off small pieces or organization at a time. It make me feel liek I can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment