Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I Used to Think I was Busy

My husband and I were laughing the other day about how busy we used to think we were.

Eight years ago my son was born, and I thought having a newborn was so hard. Between the lack of knowledge and the lack of sleep, I had never been so busy in my life. Just keeping up with feedeings and laundry and me running ragged. When I went back to work, forget about it! Then, then I was really busy.

As my son got older, I slept more, and sometimes he could wear one outfit for a whole day and go more than two hours without eating.  But then he moved and talked and played and eventually he started sports and school. I was so busy.  I had to make sure school clothes and sport uniforms were clean.  I had to have food for lunches. I had to get to games and practice on time. I volunteered at the school and tried to schedule play dates. I was Bu-SY!

Then, I got pregnant with my second child.  I was tired thorugh the pregnancy and had a tough delivery. When she was born she had a milk intollerrance and gas that made her cry and cry.  I was tired, I was frustrated and I was still busy.

Now, my daughter, my second, is almost 2. She walks, she climbs, she gets into everything. It is hard to let her out of my sight for even a minute. I have to chase ths child and she is busy. Meanwhile, my son has homework and projects and sports events and CCD and, and, and...I am BUSY!

As I am writing this, I am wondering if I will be looking back in 5 years laughing about how busy I think I am now. I also wonder how many of you with 3+ kids are laughing about how busy I think I am. It's funny how things look with a little perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment