Friday, August 19, 2011

Imagination

I love my son’s imagination. Sometimes it can be the source of being scared at night but I still love it.  I love how he can make toys out of his hands or make friends out of toys.  Lately however, we have had to work on not allowing the imagination to turn into lies. Don’t get me wrong, Jacob can tell the difference between a story and the truth, he just does not always share it with me. In fact, I am now finding a regular phrase at my house to be, “Is that real or a story?” Each time Jacob will reply with complete honesty, as nonchalant as can be, “Story!”  We are working on him starting by saying it is a story to make sure he does not slip into full lying. However, if I am going to be as honest as he is, I have to tell you; I sometimes love his stories enough that I am not really as mad as I seem.  There is something wonderful about a kid’s imagination, and I hope he keeps at least a little of his forever!

I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel.
~Peter Nivio Zarlenga

No comments:

Post a Comment