Tuesday, August 30, 2011

“I eed you to go on a thafari with me and eat some thgabetti “

              Jacob used to tell me he was, “a little bit big and a little bit little.”  Little does he know, he will feel that way for a VERY long time.  I think I still felt a, “little bit little,” or at least not all the way big, until just a few years ago.  As proud as I am of that little/big guy when he learns something new, I absolutely love the things that remind me he still has a little “toddler” left in him.  Lately, it is his speech that I am hanging onto because I know that soon enough it will be gone.
                I love Jacob’s little kid voice and I love the way he talks. His voice is still a bit squeaky but he is starting to grow out of the lisp and is slowly correcting things word by word. In fact, when I correct him, he gets it right every time. Truth is though; I do not always correct him because I am savoring that little voice.  My favorite things that he says are: “I eed you” (I need you), “I’n going” (I’m going), “thgabetti” (Spaghetti), and anything with an “eth” (s).
                I know that he will always be MY little boy, but right now I am just savoring the time while he actually little.

No comments:

Post a Comment