Monday, August 29, 2011

Did you hear the one about Maryland having an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week?

It is pretty unlikely for Maryland to have a hurricane. It is even less likely for Maryland to have an earthquake. To say it would be extremely unlikely for Maryland to have both in one week could be considered an understatement. BUT, that is exactly what happened last week. Our story opened up on Wednesday with an earthquake followed by preparations for Hurricane Irene and ended with a tropical storm on Saturday night.  (Can I count the ridiculous amount of baking I did this weekend within my preparations?)
                Needless to say, it was a busy week for us.  Some of the preparation was for naught, as we were lucky enough to have power and avoid the many downed trees, but I don’t mind.  I am certainly a “better safe than sorry” person.    The funny thing is that Jacob loved it.  After the earthquake he asked Becky if she could, “do it again,” and when he woke up after the storm, he was slightly disappointed in our maintained electricity.   As a worrier myself, I hope he is always able to things in stride as well as he did over the past week.




Jakey loved finding branches

                I am thanking God for the safety of my loved ones through the past week and am praying for those who are not so lucky. At this point many are still without power and some are dealing with flooding, home damage and injury or even worse, loss of life.  We have been blessed.  
Hoping for a quieter week this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment