Sunday, August 21, 2011

J Bar W Ranch, DJ Colson and Good Old-Fashioned Fun


     For the two of you who read my blog, you may have seen my post about going to the rodeo at the J Bar W ranch last summer. The ranch is in Union Town, MD and the small town feeling is just wonderful. If I didn’t have such a wonderful story for this year’s rodeo, I could go on and on but for now, I will have to tell you to go to the last post. Eventually, I will get to into more detail because it was a great night.


So now, onto my story. Holly and I spent the evening with our kids watching them watch the rodeo. Their faces were priceless; especially our little cowboys, Jacob and Wyatt. As the rodeo came to an end our boys wanted to meet the bull riders. It was so cute. They walked up to them with the amazement of anyone meeting their favorite sports star. My nephew Wyatt noticed another fan getting her hat signed and immediately grabbed his straw hat and set off on his quest to get as many signatures as possible of his rodeo heroes. Jacob desperately wanted to follow suit, but his black felt hat didn’t really bode well for signatures. What was a boy to do?

As my sister dug through her purse to find her handy-dandy notebook, one of the bull riders did the sweetest thing. He dug through his bag and pulled out one of his old gloves that he said he had retired about 2 weeks ago. As DJ Colson signed that glove and handed it to my son, I hope he realized what an amazing moment he created. When Jacob gets truly excited about something he does not always jump up and down. Sometimes he just stares in awe. That is what happened at that moment. After getting more signatures, I thought Jacob would, for sure, want to call his daddy and tell him about his amazing new treasure. But no, he said it was a surprise and he would have to wait to see it.

Our evening's hero is above in the white vest and the treasured glove is below.







Thank you, DJ Colson, and the rest of the cowboys, cowgirls, bull riders, bull fighters, announcers and team at the J Bar W that once again, made my son’s night!

No comments:

Post a Comment