Monday, June 30, 2014

Ahhh, Summer!


Ahhhh, Summer! I always say that fall is my favorite season, and in some ways it is, but since Jacob started school, there is a new sweetness to the start of summer!  

While I realize that summer comes with, “I am bored” and “What can I to do today?” as well as a messier house, it also comes with a slowing down of the schedule that is extremely welcome.   I am no longer making sure we have the necessary items for school lunch or that sport uniforms are clean.  It does not matter if it is Tuesday night or Thursday night because on neither night do I need to make sure the right sports gear is ready and in the car.  I do not have to head home from work dreading tonight’s homework or bedtime.   We can read chapter books that we choose and not just squeeze in as many as we need to for accelerated reader. There is something sweet about the short sliver of time from Mid-June to late August that is filled with freedom.  
 
So, thank you, summer, for offering a relaxation and slow motion that is creating a new sanity in homes everywhere. And, autumn, please do not be offended.  By August, I will be ready for your cooler weather, pumpkin treats, fun sports and structure. But for now, bring on your fun and freedom, summer!  

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Summer definitely feels like a breathe of fresh air for sure! I love this picture of your kiddos by the way!

    ReplyDelete