Monday, June 9, 2014

School Supplies Done - It's that Easy!


Do we have everything on the list? No? What are we missing? Ugh, we were just in that section and it’s across the store?  What do you mean  that I have to go to another store because they don’t have wide-rules composition books here?


pictures from the School Kits website
That is how our school supply trips usually go.  Wait yours don’t?  You are organized and never stressed? You do not dread buying school supplies? Well, this little tip isn’t for you. However, for the rest of you, I encourage you to get your school to try out School Kids (www.shopttkits.com).  Jacob’s school used it this year and I just ordered all of his supplies (excluding lunch box and backpack) for $50 and we are done!  I didn’t even have to put in the school supply list, it was already uploaded. I just picked the gender and grade and it will be waiting at his desk at the teacher meet and greet in August. Woo hoo!  If you are questioning the $50, I think it quite reasonable for 3 reasons. The first reason is that I think I spent around that last year and the list this year is similar.  The second is that there is definitely some amount of money that is worth saving my time and sanity. And the third is that I did not end up buying all of the extra impulse purchases that I usually spend money on.

If you are a teacher or a parent involved at your school’s PTA, you may want to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment