Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jacob Says the Darndest Things

Jacob is a funny kid who keeps me on my toes. I am often surprised about things he has heard or thought he heard and words he uses. This past week, as we were watching So You Think You Can Dance, Justin Beiber came on and Jacob says, in  a totally calm manner, "Justin Beiber is a punk."  I didn't know that he knew that word so I am alsmost laughed out loud.  Before I could ask him about it, he says, "He has to go to jail."   Again, I am not sure where this came from. He has several older counsins and I know he hears things at school, but it still cracks me up when he says things like that.

His favorite past-time - photobombing my pictures!

Then, a few days later, he pulled down his shirt and asked me what "these" are called. He then informs me that  on girls they are called "boobs" but wants to know what they are  called on boys?  He would not accept pectoral muscles or chest. When  I suggested that the word he was looking for was nipple, he says, "Yes, like purple nurple!" He follows that by, "but you can't do that to girls, that would just be weird. " Serioulsy? Where did my little toddler go?

No comments:

Post a Comment