Monday, July 20, 2015

Frozen Cake for My Niece - Back-to-Back Elsa and Anna


My Niece Turned 5 this past spring, but patiently waited for her birthday party until last week so that she could have it at the pool.  As with many 5-year-old girls, she loves Frozen and just can't Let It Go. (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself!)
 
I worked at Baskin Robbins during high school and college breaks and learned to decorate cakes there, so my sister asked me to help with the cake.  I am a little rusty, so it is far from perfect, but my niece was happy and  that made me happy.
 
I do not have a step-by-step tutorial, but I will give you the basics.
  • We used a dress cake pan but had to cut a larger hole in the center with a knife to get both dolls.
  • We used two full dolls. My sister found them with painted tops and removable skirts. They were perfect!
  • We used icing for the whole thing, but you could certainly get a smoother surface with fondant. We prefer the taste and were okay with the imperfection.
  • We used a dense cake recipe.  It held up great, but the edges got a little hard in the time it took for the center to cook. We also made cupcakes. She tasted better.
  • The snowballs, dots on Elsa's dress and adjoining seams are edible pearls.
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment