Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Day with my Buddy at the The Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center

“Because I got to spend the day with you.”

That is how I answered a question Jacob asked me last week.  You see, last week, I went on Field Trip with Jacob’s First Grade class to The Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center.   It was hot, I got wet, muddy and sandy, I almost lost a shoe, the kids in my group had a tough time listening and I got an awful sunburn.   So at the end of the day when he said, “We sure got dirty, Mom. Why did you come on this field trip?”  I answered, “Because I got to spend the day with you.”  I meant it!


Who wouldn't want to hang out with this adorable child?
Oh how I love the missing tooth!

Working outside of the home, I do not get to volunteer as much as I would like to at Jacob’s school and I certainly don’t get to hang out with him as much as like, but that trip gave me a chance to do both.  Boys love to get dirty and wet and play with critters.  Last Thursday, Jacob did all of those things and I felt blessed to do them with him. Sometimes it is fun to just play like a kid. And you know what? When you do, sometimes you may find that your child will enjoy just playing with you.  Maybe they will find you more relatable and tell you things.  Maybe you will bond a little bit tighter.  Or, maybe you will just have fun.  Either way, you will build great memories with your child.

Thank you to Nantucket Elementary and The Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center for giving me a chance to hang out with buddy and maybe even learn a few things on the way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment