Friday, November 11, 2011

My Sweet Aunt Bev

My Aunt Bev passed away this week. God mercifully ended her battle with ALS on Thursday. Although I know she is in heaven with no pain where she can walk and breathe without effort, which makes me so happy, I am still sad for my loss and the loss that my parents, aunts & uncles, cousins and her friends family are feeling. It is unfortunate that our own humanity just cannot allow us to simply be happy for those who make it to heaven before us.


My sisters and I had our last visit with Aunt Bev in the Spring. Although I would have liked more time, I am so glad to have had that visit.

I know Aunt Bev is in heaven because she was an amazing woman with a beautiful soul filled with unending faith. She faced so many challenges in her life, some that I didn't know about until I was an adult. She was widowed twice and raised two wonderful children who now have wonderful children. The amazing thing about her was that she faced good days and challenging ones with grace, even in her days with ALS.  She was very sweet but very tough. With a smile, she put up with alot of crap from her brothers who constantly teased her. Well, until they really got to her and she had to put them in her place. She opened her house to us and allowed us to turn her quiet dwelling into a crazy place when we visited as kids or as adults with our kids. She was thoughtful enough to buy kid friendly food and put out our kids' favorite cups. We teased her for being a bit over protective but it was only because she loved her family so much. She was an amazing mom, grandma, sister and aunt. I could go on and on, but I hope you at least have an idea of how wonderful she was and I why I can't help but feel sadness.

Aunt Bev, I will miss you. Our Florida visits will never be the same. I do however feel comfort knowing that there is another saint and angel that I can talk to for prayers and support.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment