Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Where Did All of the HATE Come From?

The older I get, the more I seem to notice people have very extreme views, often on fairly simple things. I am not sure if it is because more is available to read on social media or if times are changing but you can find a “hate” website, or at least a list, on almost anything? It’s shocking to me that people not only have these strong feelings about certain things but that they have the time to keep up a site.

Seriously, go to Google and put in I hate A, B, C or any other letter of the alphabet and you will get a list of things. There is more than one site dedicated to hating Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. She is certainly not an A list celebrity and she simply seems to live on a farm and write about it. Granted this has turned into recipe books and even a Food network show, but she is not doing anything that controversial, or so it seems. How does she warrant such hate? You can find articles, posts and even some sites that hate dogs, cats, snow, summer, sports teams, showering, and the list goes on.

Now don’t get me wrong, there are things that irritate me, but not enough to create a whole website about it that requires my regular attention. I don’t like the Kardashians, but I simply turn the channel when they are on. I am not a cat lover, so I do not have one. I hate homework, but I still do it with my kid and just vent to my sister when I need to. I am not saying that I am better than the people that manage these website or create these posts, I am just saying that I do not understand it. How do you have such contempt for something or someone that does not directly affect your life or the world that much? I understand hating child abuse or world hunger, but a whole website about hating cilantro? That I do not understand.

I appreciate the funny lists (some of which are satirical responses to 10 reasons I love…lists) or those that serve a purpose to create real change, I just don’t understand the others. Maybe some of you can fill me on why so much hate? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment