Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween



I have this cute little guy that love to dress up. This same little guy loves candy. Funny enough, this same little guy has asked me why we have to wait "a whole 'nother year for Halloween to come again." I have to say, I agree. I really enjoyed Halloween this year.

I often say that I am "over the hump" with Jacob. In fact, that should be a whole other entry. But for now, I will just tell you that I mean that he is so much more independent. That couldn't have been more obvious on Halloween. Jacob was such a big boy.

Before Halloween when we carved pumpkins, Jacob carved his own. I mean, I helped some, but he did the work for the first time. It was no longer him picking a design and my hand holding the knife.

Then he showed his big boy side again on Halloween night. He was no longer scared of the scary houses. He went up to each house with his cousins while I stayed back by the street. He said "trick-or-treat" rather than just giving blank stares. And, he even said thank you! At some houses he would tell me about the great treat he just received and at others he would just totally ignore me as he ran wildly to the next house. It was pure bliss to see him so happy and to get to relax at an event that I do not always find this enjoyable. I even enjoyed a beverage or two while we walked my sister's neighborhood.

All in all, this may have been one of my favorite Halloweens ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment