Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jakey’s Quotes of the Week

I am famous for calling family or stopping friends in the hall at work to tell them the funny things Jacob says. I admit it, I am that mom.  He is so darn funny, I just can’t help it.
In an effort to make sure the 2 people that read my blog also endure the same stories that I think are so funny, I have decided to add a weekly blog on how funny my little guy is. Unless of course he is really hilarious, than you too may have to endure the daily stories. So, here we go . . .
Story 1: Last week, Mike, Jacob and I were in the car and J was in one of his typical “why” moods.  This time it was about why it rains, to which Mike told him that it was good for the trees and flowers. After many additional questions, knowing that Jacob understands that God created all things, Mike says, with a little annoyance in his voice, “Because Jesus likes it that way.”  However, Jacob was a step ahead of his Dad.  After hearing his Dad’s short tone, Jacob wittingly replied, “Jesus doesn’t like it when you talk like that.”  It took all I could do not to laugh. Instead I just whispered to Mike, “Jesus doesn’t like it when you talk like that.” Believe you me, I have certainly gotten a short tone as a result of 10 minutes of “why” but since it was said to Mike, it was really funny!
Story 2: After my Crazy Friday in DC, my feet were killing me, so I jokingly asked Jacob to rub my feet. My sister told him to say no because “other people’s feet are gross.”  My sweet boy replied, without missing a beat, “she’s not other people, she’s my Mommy!” LOVE  . . . THAT . . . KID!

No comments:

Post a Comment