Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jacob's Funny Quotes . . . Shompom, what? And sometimes things that shouldn’t be funny, just are.

It’s time again for me to think my son is the funniest thing ever . . .

Story 1: So the other night after I put Jacob to bed and I heard him yelling this made up word, “ShomPom.”  When I went in to see what he was talking about and he explained that it meant, “I want my Dad to come check on me.”  Not thinking I cracked up at his imagination which just egged him on. So now, we have a new word in our house. The problem is that sometimes he just calls Dad in so that he can say his silly word. Crazy, kid.

This pic is actually from last summer, but it makes me laugh, so i thought it fit with the topic!

Story 2: Sometimes I find that I should not laugh when Jacob says something but I just can’t help myself.  You know what I mean? Well, I had one of those moments the other day.  Jacob had eaten something messy and was hell-bent not to get his face washed. So he says to me, “if you wipe my face, I won’t invite you to my birthday.” At this point I was thrown off because his birthday was in May and because there is no way I am taking consequences from my 3 year-old.  However, instead of taking the mature road, I said to him, “Well, I make your birthday cake, so if you I do not go, you will not have a cake.” ( I know, not the right answer.) Well, as fast I responded, he turns right around and says, “That’s okay, Auntie Ria will make my cake for me.”  I should have been annoyed, but I just couldn’t help laughing. I had to walk away just so he didn’t see.  I guess I better be careful because apparently, he knows that if he doesn’t get the right answer, he will just ask his Aunts. Geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment