Monday, August 16, 2010

Sick Saturday and Jakey’s new bed?

Friday I had a great a day with my family (See “Crazy Friday”) but by the end of the day Jacob was saying his throat hurt and pointing to his sternum.  Thank goodness for my sister being a Physician’s Assistant because she is always there to examine Jacob and he always lets her because he is sure she is a medical genius. (Smart Kid!) Turns out he was very bloated and either on his way to a virus or a blockage. Thank goodness it was just a virus and not more serious. However, it did not make for a fun Friday night or Saturday.
The stomach flu is never fun for the patient or the caregiver.   My Friday nighttime solution was to have him sleep in the bathtub (thanks for the suggestion Holly!). Don’t worry; I put a washable blanket and some towels to make it more comfy. In fact, he looked more comfortable than I felt on the hall floor. It turned out that Jacob’s case was fairly mild and only lasted about 24hours.   In fact by Saturday evening the worst part was being stuck in the house which Jakey and I both hate.
The funniest part of it all was that Jacob loved sleeping in the bathtub so much so that he asked to sleep there again on Saturday.  Feeling bad after his last 24 hours, I gave in.  So here is my little bathtub sleeper on Saturday. Less cautious of the blankets and pillows since I knew the sickness was over, I really made it comfy. Remind me why we just bought him a new bed. This might have been a fine solution. J

No comments:

Post a Comment