Thursday, August 5, 2010

It takes a Village to Raise a Child!

In an effort to give a glimpse into my life and my tight-knit family, I will start my blog my explaining a typical week to you.  As I stated above, I work outside my house and my husband has a back injury that does not allow him to keep Jacob while I am at work, so I need some sort of daycare for my 3-year-old, Jakey. Most people would assume that I take my son to daycare;  maybe one close to my house, or maybe one on Fort Meade, where I work. But No! I am lucky to have a great family, so Jacob's schedule goes like this:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Jakey goes to the preschool where my sister, Holly works. Because the school hours are shorter than my work hours I drop him off and pick him up at her house. She takes him to and from school.
Tuesday & Thursday - Jakey goes to my sister, Claudette's, house where our shared nanny, Becky, watches our kids while Claudette sleeps (she works nights).
When I am in need for an alternate day care plan due to illness or some sort of other issue, Jacob can goes with my Mom and Dad or my sister, Maria.
Somehow amongst all of the craziness of his schedule, I have the most well-adjusted, loving, polite child with varying interests.   To top it all off, I get to spend extra time with my sisters at drop-off and pick up.
Most weekends I have at least one family event.  Sometimes it is a birthday or Sunday dinner at my parents and sometimes it is attending someones' child's sporting event or activity. As you see, I am blessed!


This is my sisters taking care of me when I was a baby. Lucky for me, they never stopped. Thanks, Mom and Dad for giving us the lessons of family!

No comments:

Post a Comment