Thursday, November 12, 2015

Soccer Cupcakes and How to Make Your Own Cupcake Picks

I did a quick run to Michael's the other day thinking I would be able to grab some soccer ball cupcake picks and be on my way.  Much to my chagrin, they do not have them in the store, leaving me stranded for the cupcakes that I needed to make for my son's end of season soccer party.  Now one would think I could just order online, but that one would also be more organized than I.
 
Thank goodness I had a creative friend with me who suggested that we look in the sticker aisle. We did, and what did we find? We found scrap booking stickers that were thick enough to put on a toothpick.  Boom, problem solved!

 
 
Because the stickers do not have a backing, I cut around them leaving the plastic backing on them. This added some time, but made it so that the icing didn't stick and allowed the boys on the team to use the stickers however they wanted.
 


After cutting the stickers out, I just stuck the pointed end of a toothpick into the foam part of the sticker. For the larger stickers, I used two toothpicks at an angle. 

Although they do not have a design on the back, from the front, they looked great after being stuck into the cupcakes. Using the stickers also added a variety of sizes and style.

 

Often, I cannot find picks that match what I am looking for without going online, but the scrap booking aisle is usually full of cute, very specific stickers.  I will definitely be doing this again in the future. 


*Note that because you have to use sharp toothpicks and the backing could be dangerous, you should take them out if you are going to give to small children.


No comments:

Post a Comment