Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Magic of a Relaxing Pedicure

I went to get a pedicure with my mom today, but this was not just any pedicure. It may have been the best pedicure I have EVER had!

I recently got my hair cut by a new stylist and she was telling me about a "nail spa" that she really liked. When I asked what she liked so much and what was so different, her answer said it all, "Everything!" Boy was she right!

The Five Star Nail spa has amazing spa pedicures. They are not as cheap as regular pedicures, but they are not outrageous, either. They start at $40 and go up, but you certainly get your money's worth.

I had a 2 hour pedicure. My feet and legs were pampered, massaged, dipped in paraffin wax, rubbed with hot stones, covered in hot towels and covered with a mask and of course, my toe nails were cut, cuticles trimmed and painted like usual. During the whole thing, I was seated in one of the best massage chairs in a dark separated area unlike the typical salon. At the end as my nails dried, my arms, shoulders and neck were massaged with oil.  I have been to spas that offered pedicures and I have been to typical nail salons, but this was different than both.  And seriously, for $45, you can't beat the price.

I very rarely truly relax. No phone, no reading, no planning for the day. Just relaxation. Today, I did! The relaxation that I felt for those two hours is a magic that would be worth double the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment