Monday, September 28, 2015

Trying a Detox Cleanse

So, I have decided that I really need to get serious about losing weight and getting healthy.  With that, I am trying a detox/cleanse this week to help me rid myself of my cravings so that I can make better future choices.  This is not something that I will stick with, as I know that it is unrealitic, but I am using it as a jump start and prove to myself that I can have some willpower.

The basics are that you have a protien smoothie for breakfast and lunch and a whole grain for dinner. Additionally, you can eat fruits and veggies all day.  So far, I am half a day in. I am not hungry, but I am also not satsfied. I know it is all in my brain, but I really think I would feel better with a caramel late and a piece of pumpkin bread. :-)

 
I told myself that I would weigh myself on Friday. Maybe it will be worth it if I have lost 30 lbs by then. :-)

I will update then to let you  know how it went and if 5 days was long enough to start to reset my bad eating patterns. Until then, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment