Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happy First Birthday, Eliana Marie!


Tomorrow, my little princess turns one! I am not sure if it is because having two kids is busier than having one, or if my memory is failing me, but it seems to have passed by so much faster this time.  I feel it was just last month that I could not imagine my life with 2 children. I feel like it was last week that I held her little newborn self curled up on my chest and, I feel like it was just yesterday that she looked so tiny in her big crib as I laid her in it for the first time.  It really is amazing how fast they turn from this tiny baby into little humans with personalities, and boy does Ella have a personality. She knows what she wants, when she wants and how she wants. (She may have gotten that from her momma!) She also smiles at you in a way that makes your heart light up as if you are the best thing she has ever seen. She is so funny and smart, and curious and determined. She is certainly her own person, already!
As my little girls turns one, I pray for her today and in her future. I pray that she dream big but keep her feet on the ground. I pray that she love with her whole heart and be loved the same way. I pray that she keep her mind open and her morals on close-hold. I pray that she enjoy life while being responsible and mature. I pray that she learn from her mistakes and disappointments in a way that makes her stronger and happier.  I pray that she can recognize challenges but find something good in everything. I pray that she surround herself with people that treat her well and show her kindness and support and that she do the same for them. I pray that she show respect to all people, recognizing the respect humanity deserves, even though some humans may not behave in a way that seems deserving. I pray that she thirst for knowledge, in school as well as in life. Most importantly, I pray that she love God with her heart soul and mind.


Happy Birthday, sweet Eliana Marie! Although I know that you will challenge me, test me, argue with me and even disappoint me, I also know that you will bring me extreme joy and I will always love you. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment