Monday, May 19, 2014

Deep Covered Baker (With Mac n' Cheese Recipe!)

So, if you are at all like I am, cooking dinner is an awful chore. Even if you like to cook, after a day of working or taking care of little ones, coming up with another dinner idea can seem daunting. And even worse, then you will either have to clean it up or potentially explain to kids, AGAIN, why they have to help clean it up.  Either, way, the task of cooking dinner can turn the fun hobby of cooking into a thankless, tedious task. As a result, I am a huge fan of anything that can make that task easier. And I just came across a piece of cookware that can! YAY!


I couldn’t decide if the pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker should go under “Merchandise Mondays”, “Terrific Tuesdays” or “Suggestion Saturdays” because, it is an amazing piece of stoneware.  You can use it in the oven or the microwave, or both in one recipe. You can even freeze in it. It cannot go in the dishwasher, but is easy to clean. I love how this one dish is simplifying things.  The $88 price is a bit shocking, but if you get it on a special or have a party, like I did, it can become much more affordable. If you are in the market for such a piece if simplicity, you may want to give it a look!

If you go on Pinterest, there are so many easy recipes that look amazing. You can make chicken, a roast, pasta and even corn on the cob in it. Oh, and did I mention you can also use it for cake and cinnamon rolls?!? Seriouly.

What did you say? Now you want one? I wish I could buy one for all of you.  But until my bank account fills up juts a bit fuller, I have a great consultant. Let me know if you want her info.
My current favorite is this easy Macaroni and cheese recipe. Yum!
 

Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups elbow macaroni
1 can chicken broth
2 cups of Half/Half
2 cups shredded cheese

Place 2 cups elbow macaroni, 1 can chicken broth, and 2 cups of Half/Half into your Deep Covered Baker. Stir, then cover with the lid.

Heat on high in microwave for 14 minutes (use turntable or rotate every 2 minutes).

Remove from heat and add 2 cups shredded cheese- stir - place lid on baker and let sit 10 minutes.

Stir and serve warm, top with bacon or ham and more shredded cheese if desired.

I hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment